Westbrook Building and Goodson Chapel
Architect: Hartman Cox (Washington, DC)
The location and program adjacencies for the Westbrook Building, a 47,600 square foot addition to the original Divinity School, were critical when selecting the appropriate architect for this project. The main interior space is the 250 seat Goodson Chapel, which contains a new 30 foot high organ and a wall of Gothic windows filled with a view into the Chapel Woods. Other elements in the building are classrooms, a refectory, faculty offices and offices for the Institute on Care at the End of Life. The exterior detailing in Duke stone and Indiana limestone matches those designed by Trumbauer in the 1920’s for the adjacent Duke Chapel and the Grey Building.