The Office of the University Architect is:
- Responsible for the overall aesthetics of the campus - the Master Plan, building site planning, historic preservation and landscape design.
- Responsible for the exterior design of all University facilities by advising University Officers, Trustees, and committees on planning and building design issues.
- Responsible for the selection process of architects and landscape architects for Capital Projects.
- Responsible for coordinating the approval of Capital Projects through the internal and external committees of the University, the Trustees and the Community.
- Responsible, with Facilities Management Department, for the Duke University Design Guidelines to ensure that quality standards for the design and construction of new and renovated projects are maintained.
Office of the University Architect