The Office of the University Architect is:
- Responsible for the overall aesthetics of the campus.
- Responsible for monitoring the implementation of the Master Plan.
- Responsible for overseeing site planning, historic preservation and sustainability.
- Responsible for the exterior design of all University facilities by advising University Officers, Trustees, and committees on planning and design issues associated with buildings and landscapes.
- Responsible for advising on the selection of architects, landscape architects and planners for new and renovation projects.
- Responsible, with Facilities Management Department, for the Duke University Design Guidelines to ensure that quality standards for the design and construction of new and renovated projects are maintained.
Office of the University Architect